...ok side note.
I feel like my 87 year old grandfather trying to get on facebook when I'm dealing with this blog. I am a blog bonehead.
Dear CB community, I, Bailey Carroll, your faithful intern, need a bloggy bootcamp!
So, I got this out of the blue opportunity to do an internship at Collective Bias, thank you John Andrews! And it was kind of last minute, kind of unexpected, kind of crazy, but also really cool! It's a social media marketing company, and although I'm not a marketing major, you're supposed to try new things in college! Right mom?! ;) It's really interesting and I'm learning a lot! An interns job is to learn!
Well, in the office, there is another intern, Annette. She is my age, from New York, and started around the same time I did. It's great having someone else at the bottom of the office totem pole! We are actually getting to work on some really neat projects too! Every office has their own dynamic, so its been great to have another person going through the "sit back and observe" phase with me!By the way, we have a cute UPS man. Does every office have a cute UPS man? I feel like they do. Or is that just the legally blonde in me?
Anyways, someone in the office called us the "terns" the other day, so I'm sticking with that! Who knows what the "terns" will get into this summer?! You can follow Annette's story here: http://myfirsts.posterous.com/
So, for all you undergrads out there thinking about interning, I let you know how it goes! So far here's why I'm interning:
1. Great experiences and opportunities.
2. You can only have "babysitter" on your resume for so long...:)
3. I'm making great contacts.
4. 3 words...cute. business. clothes. where else can you rock a pencil skirt/dress pants in college? to the library? yeah no.
5. When your professor ask you your opinion of something, you can now preface all comments with, "Well, in my internship..." its like a guaranteed 25 extra brownie points.